If you're looking to prolong those Summer vibes, why not try this delicious and healthy dish to brighten up your kitchen and gently ease yourself into Autumn!
- 1 medium-sized cooking pumpkin
- 225g halloumi
- 1 pomegranate
- 400g wild rice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- small bunch of parsley
- drizzle of honey
- sprinkle of cumin
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- pickled chillies (optional)
- Greek yoghurt (optional)
- Peel and slice the pumpkin into wedges (1 inch thick)
- Roast pumpkin at 220C with crushed garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cumin for 30 minutes or until tender and vibrant (add honey halfway through cooking)
- Boil the wild rice until it's 'al dente'
- Slice the halloumi (1 cm thick) and fry until it turns golden and squidgy
- Halve the pomegranate and gently knock out all of the seeds
- In a large bowl combine the roasted pumpkin, halloumi, rice, pomegranate seeds, chopped parsley, lemon juice, pumpkin seeds and the remaining olive oil.
- Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed and season to taste
- Top with pickled chillies, a dollop of Greek yogurt and serve immediately