As the seasons change and the nights begin to close in, we've created this delicious sweet treat for you to try at home and share with family and friends - it's perfect for all of that leftover pumpkin!
Ingredients for the biscuit base:
- 200g Rana*s Bakery Super Sourdough mix
- 100g sugar
- 100g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the Super Sourdough mix, sugar, butter in a food processor. Once it starts to come together, add the egg and mix again until soft and light.
- Flatten and spread the mixture 1cm thick into a buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 15 mins at 180C in a pre-heated oven.
Ingredients for pumpkin filling:
- 1 medium sized pumpkin (250g)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- Cut the peeled pumpkin into chunks and boil for 10 mins until soft.
- Strain and leave to cool completely.
- Mix the pumpkin, egg and condensed milk together in a food processor.
- Once the base has cooled, pour in the pumpkin mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon or your choice of winter spice (add demerara sugar for extra sweetness).
- Bake at 180C in a pre-heated oven for 25 mins or until golden brown and the filling is set (a knife should come out clean when piercing the pie).
- Leave to cool and serve with yoghurt or double cream (optional).